50grams Caster Sugar
50cl Full Fat Milk
1pod Vanilla Essence
1tbsp Corn Flour
- Bring the milk to the boil, taking care to immerse the vanilla bean split in half lengthwise.
- Then leave to infuse for 10 min, then remove the vanilla pod, and collect the grains by scraping it. Dissolve these in the milk.
- In a second saucepan, actively whisk the egg yolks and sugar so that the mixture whitens.
- Gradually incorporate the milk and make the mixture very homogeneous with the whisk.
- Then add the cornstarch and heat the mixture over medium heat.
- Without stopping stirring, watch for the moment when the cream thickens.
- Do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk actively.
- Reserve in a gravy boat in the fridge.
You have all the ingredients to cook this recipe immediately. Go to Cook Now recipes.
You are missing some ingredients but you can use what you have at home to make a few changes to the recipe and start cooking. Go to Cook Now recipes.
What's to Eat? is essentially a recipe book. Using the ingredients you have at home, we will flag up the recipes you can cook immediately, and those for which you may need to swap one or more ingredients.